Prayer

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” -Philippians 4:6-7

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” -Matthew 7:7-8

"What is prayer? Prayer is our direct line with heaven and a communication that allows us to talk one on one with God. it is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. prayer is the place of admitting our need, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. when we talk to God, we acknowledge His presence and make known that He is BIG in our lives.

We often come to the Lord with legitimate requests for healing, conversions, and needs and yet the answers we hope for often do not come. We pray because we know that God hears us and because we desire to see results. We should pray by faith, trusting God. We should pray consistently, trusting God.

Take some time and ask yourself, “do I only go to God when I need something from Him or do I pray on a consistent basis?” Convicted question for some. Do you only call on Him when you need a job, money to pay that next mortgage, for you to get together with this person you like or for some kind of miracle? Just think if you had a kid and they only came to you when they wanted or needed something and ignored you the other times. Not too cool is it? Therefore God calls us to pray continually and be joyful always." -KnowGodKnowLove

"If someone prays for patience, you think God would give them patience or does He give them opportunities to be patient? If someone prayed for courage, does He give them courage or does He give them opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for their family to be together, does He zap them with warm, fuzzy feelings or does He give them opportunities to love each other?" -via Kevin Solis

"Prayer is conversation with God, but what is conversation without listening." -Grace Alonsabe

"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." -Psalm 61:1-2

"You haven’t been praying? Why, because you haven’t had time? But you do have time. Furthermore, what sort of works will you be able to do if you have not meditated on them in the presence of the Lord, so as to put them in order? Without that conversation with God, how can you finish your daily work with perfection? Look, it is as if you claimed you had no time to study because you were too busy giving lessons. Without study you cannot teach well.

Prayer has to come before everything. If you do not understand this and put it into practice, don’t tell me that you have no time: it’s simply that you do not want to pray." -St. Jose Maria Escriva "The Furrow #448"

"Next time you pray any kind of prayer, whether it be for the resolution of healing, or for a house, or for a car, or for a husband, or for a family conflict, or for a solution to a problem, tell Him he can say yes or no. Because in the end, you’re a winner. Every time." -Bo Sanchez (You Have The Power to Create Love)

"The sweetest time of the day is when you pray, because you are talking to the One who loves you most." -via Erin Tangco

"I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn’t change God- it changes me." -C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment