Obedience

"In CfC-YfC I find that we serve a God who really loves us. If you know God at all, you will see the level of love he has poured out on you and me through his Son Jesus. However there is something that comes from us that we must do before God is going to pour out his Love, grace and mercy into our lives. You will find Jesus in his very first sermon called to men and women and did not sugar coat what must be done. He called for you and me to turn from our sin and repent. So what’s that all about? This is a very simple explanation for what is repentance. It means Turn around. Jesus did not overlook sin in our lives people, he came to help us deal with it and find a better way to live our life.

So once again How? Turn around, repent…

Having a relationship with God and Jesus requires us to do our part. Faith is going to be darn difficult without repentance. We need to put our ego and pride away and live life the way he has called us to live.

Now I have been too many different churches and worships and I always wonder...As worship leaders, we often ask the question "How do we measure success?” This question is more easily answered by a retail store like best buy where it’s all about numbers or a mechanic where the car works or blows up. It can be hard to get your arms around the metrics that should be used to measure success. Is it how many people show up to Ga’s or Church? Is it how many people have their arms raised in worship or say "good job" when you are done? Certainly both of these things can point in a general direction of success, but they leave out the possibility that God may be using you to bring about some other good. If you read the Old Testament, would you say Elijah's ministry was at all successful? He was hated by many people and spent part of his life hiding from people who wanted him dead which kind of sucks. But he was God's voice to a wayward nation or sin and hate. So was he successful? Maybe he was just... Obedient? Definitely. So perhaps the better question to ask is "Am I being obedient to the will of God?" Am I doing my job as a member of a wonderful ministry? If I am a member do I show my support to my chapter? If I am a house hold head am I being that information hwy to my house hold? Do I let them know what is going on and do I support them in all that I can. If I am a chapter head am I supporting my chapter with all that I can? How do you measure success? Not in numbers but in how obedient you can be in your faith. A chapter of 10 obedient members can be more powerful then we can ever imagine...never doubt God’s power...EVER. I was not obedient, but I now try to be..." -Allan Pinto

No comments:

Post a Comment