Sometimes I Wonder

"Sometimes I wonder what it feels like to be God.

What it feels like to create a living being from nothing and love it more than anything. What is it like to create millions of these wonderful beings knowing full well that so many of them will despise your very existence and create them anyways. What does it feel like to be hated by the thing you love most. What’s it like for one of them to say they love you more than anything but for their actions to prove the opposite. What is it like to give knowing they can never give as much back to you. What is it like when you give someone a second, third, fourth, tenth chance knowing that they will still fail you. What is it like to always end up with the  short end of the stick. What must it be like to be the most powerful thing in existence yet place yourself very last. What is it like to be hated for being love itself. Sometimes I wonder these things and it makes me unbelievably thankful that I’m on the opposite end.

I know I can never return the love that God has for me to the full extent that He has given it but it doesn't mean I can’t give Him everything I have." 

-Adriana Maravilla

No comments:

Post a Comment