Operation

"Daddy,

Give me a heart transplant- Your heart in place of mine. I need Your blood running through my veins. Because my heart isn’t pumping life but death. I know it will be painful; I know I must be conscious every second during the surgery. I ask for this in full awareness of my lack of awareness of the pain I am asking for. No pain no gain; Christ proved that. The utmost pain for the utmost gain. Yes, we gained the utmost, (salvation!) but we so often forget that Christ gained too…the utmost GLORY for Himself, for You.


I ask for this operation because I want to gain… for the ones I want to love so much more than I can with this weak and faulty heart. I want Your capacity … which doesn’t exist. I want limitless Love, You. But more than this burning desire to gain for those around me, those who receive my love, I fervently desire to gain glory for You. To be a living proof of Your surgical expertise. Of Your power to turn water to wine. To turn a Gentile into a Chosen one. To turn a judgmental and selfish sinner like me into a beacon of light and love in this dark world. No pain no gain. This present affliction is but light and momentary; the glory that is to be revealed in us is intense and eternal.

-audesther"

(via sdgs.wordpress.com) (via Abby Zaporteza)

No comments:

Post a Comment