Thanksgiving

"I don’t have all the fancy clothes/shoes/other material things I’d like to have. I don’t have that movie star beauty. I don’t have a mansion. Nor do I have a crazy rich significant other. I don’t wake up looking like a super model. I don’t have a perfect life. My family doesn’t have it all together 24/7. I don’t have some amazing incredible talent. I don’t have a million friends and i’m not the most popular person.

BUT, you know what else I don’t have?

I don’t have cancer. I don’t have diabetes. I don’t live on the streets. I don’t have an STD or any sort of horrible disease. I don’t have an abusive father or an absentee mother. I don’t suffer from any form of addiction. Nor do I have a mental illness. I don’t have a tumor. I don’t suffer from depression. I don’t have a disability. I don’t have to sell my body to support myself. I don’t feel the need to hurt myself. I don’t have to go to bed hungry. I don’t feel alone because I know that God is always with me.

When I really stop to think about it, I have so so much to be thankful for. Jesus, Thank you for everything you’ve blessed me with and thank you for your love it brings me the greatest joy.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Jesus♥" -nonelikejesus

"I thank my God every time I remember you." -Philippians 1:3

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, 12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever." -Psalm 30:11-12

"Sometimes, i can’t help but look up to the sky, and say “Lord God, thank you for this beautiful day. whether or not everything goes well, it’s still beautiful. thank you for giving me the opportunity to breathe, laugh, and love for another day set foot on this earth. For with this day I’ll be a step closer to being able to fulfill your plans for me."

"You have a ticket to heaven no thief can take, an eternal home no divorce can break. Every sin of your life has been cast to the sea. Every mistake you've made is nailed to the tree. You're blood-bought and heaven-made. A child of God—forever saved. So be grateful, joyful—for isn't it true? What you don't have is much less than what you do." -Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment