Correction

“Let the godly strike me! It will be a kindness! If they correct me, it is soothing medicine. Don’t let me refuse it.” - Psalm 141:5.

"Correction is a soothing medicine. Is that my everyday perspective? I don’t know about you, but I struggle with allowing pride to get the best of me. Yet, in his Psalm, David demonstrates his humility by refusing to refuse correction. He understands that correction builds character and nourishes growth. Medicine makes us better when were sick. In the same way, correction makes us better people when we make mistakes. I want to be more like David.

//Proverbs 10:17// People who accept discipline are on the pathway to life, but those who ignore correction will go astray.

//Proverbs 12:1// To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction.

//Proverbs 13:1// A wise child accepts a parent’s discipline; a mocker refuses to listen to correction.

//Proverbs 13:18// If you ignore criticism, you will end in poverty and disgrace; if you accept correction, you will be honored.

//Proverbs 15:5// Only a fool despises a parent’s discipline; whoever learns from correction is wise.

//Proverbs 15:10// Whoever abandons the right path will be severely disciplined; whoever hates correction will die.

//Proverbs 15:32// If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding.

God has a lot to say on correction."

-kathydawood.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment