True Self

"When I find You, I'll find me." -Anonymous

"For me to be a saint means for me to be myself." -Thomas Merton


"You can do something I cannot do. I can do something you cannot do. Together let us do something beautiful for God." -Mother Theresa

"...Holiness consists of being true to the person God created. In other words, being holy means being your true self." -James Martin, SJ

"The problem comes when we begin to believe that we have to be someone else to be holy. We use someone else's map to heaven when God has already planted in our soul all the directions we need. In this way we ignore our own call to sanctity. When admirers used to visit Calcutta to see Mother Theresa, she would tell many of them, "Find your own Calcutta." In other words, bloom where you are planted. Discover sanctity in your own life." -James Martin, SJ

"But by the grace of God I am what I am." -1 Corinthians 15:10

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -E. E. Cummings

"We are not at peace with others because we are not at peace with ourselves, and we are not at peace with ourselves because we are not at peace with God." -Thomas Merton

"12, 15, 25, 39, 40, 54, 101. Since when do numbers define how old we have to be to love? Fat, ugly, skinny, pretty, gorgeous, disgusting. Since when do adjectives define our physical appearance? A+, B-, C+, D-, F. Since when does one grade define how smart we are? Nice clothes, cheap clothes, decent house, mansion, luxary car, iphone, $100 purses. Since when does the stuff we own define how happy we are? Since when did you think everyone will hurt you just because one person did? Since when did you lose your smile because of one bad thing that happened? Since when did you change yourself because one person didn't like who you were? Since when did you start thinking and acting a certain way because you saw someone else doing it? Since when did you become the same when you were born to be different?" -Anonymous



"For so many years, as stupid as this may seem, I didn’t understand what it meant to be me. I found that a good portion of my life I had spent it trying to please others and strive for their approval. I couldn’t find the fine line between doing what’s right, and doing what’s right in everybody else’s eyes. But the truth is, I only need to please one Being." -Ria Manansala


"There is someone that I love, even though I don’t approve of what he does. There is someone I accept, though some of his thoughts and actions revolt me. There is someone I forgive, though he hurts the people I love the most. That person is me." -C.S. Lewis


"Every man who seeks the kingdom of God finds himself." -Pope John Paul II

No comments:

Post a Comment